The library board has 7 members – each appointed to a 4-year term. 3 members are appointed by the Ludington City Council and must live in the City of Ludington, 3 members are appointed by the Mason County Commission and must live in the county exclusive of the City of Ludington, Hamlin or Pere Marquette Townships, and 1 member is a joint appointment who must reside in Hamlin or Pere Marquette Townships. The library board meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month except the months of January and July. The board’s annual meeting is on the 3rd Wednesday of February and the annual budget hearing is held on the 3rd Wednesday of October.
- Advise the library director regarding written library user policies.
- Respond to requests from the library director.
- Study and provide recommendations on the development of library service plans.
- Encourage the use of the library among residents of the service area.
- Encourage suggestions and review comments from the public regarding library services,
- Report to the City Council annually.
- Perform other such functions as the City Council may direct.