The Construction & Property Maintenance Code of Appeals consists of no less than three or no more than 7 members appointed by the mayor that have experience and training in building construction and property maintenance. Members shall be appointed to 2-year terms by the chief executive officer of the city.
- The Construction & Property Maintenance Code of Appeals hears and decides matters relating to the City's application of the Michigan Building Code, Michigan Residential Code and International Property Maintenance.
- It decides matters related to variances from the requirements of the codes.
- The board hears appeals of a decision or determination made by the City's Chief Building Inspector or the Director of Community Development.
- It also supplies interpretations of the provisions of the codes.
- The Board meets as necessary as inquiries are made.