Equipment for Sale or Bid
The City of Ludington is accepting best offers for the sale of the following “as is” vehicles and equipment
Please view the City of Ludington Bid Portal Page for any new equipment sale opportunities.
10/23/19 - The City of Ludington is currently accepting bids for the sale of used equipment. All equipment will be sold in as is condition and can be viewed at the Department of Public Works - 975 First St., Ludington MI, 8am – 4pm. Each bid must be submitted in a sealed envelope, labeled with the equipment name and number (one envelope for each individual equipment bid). Deadline to submit is Thursday, November 14, 2pm at the City Clerk’s Office, 400 S. Harrison St. Ludington MI 49431.
THE CITY HAS THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT OR REJECT ANY OR ALL BIDS
ALL EQUIPMENT WILL BE SOLD IN AS IS CONDITION:
- 2004 Spaulding Crack Sealer – 225 gallon capacity, (equipment #138), minimum bid $4,000
- 1997 Toro GroundMaster Mower – 62” deck, (equipment #163), minimum bid $500
- 1995 International Lift-All bucket truck – 55’ reach from deck, (equipment #90), minimum bid $6,000
- 1997 Ford ½ ton 2WD Pickup Truck, (equipment #14), minimum bid $300
- 1997 Ford ½ ton 2WD Pickup Truck, (equipment #83), minimum bid $300
- 1997 GMC ½ ton 4WD Pickup Truck, (equipment #51), minimum bid $400
- 1995 Chevy ½ ton 4WD Pickup Truck, (equipment #165), minimum bid $400
- 1978 International 4WD Snow Plow Truck with Belly Blade and Salter, (equipment #10), minimum bid $1,500
- 1987 Ford F-800 Garbage Packer Truck, (equipment #178), minimum bid $1,000
- 1998 EZ-GO Golf Cart, (equipment #119), minimum bid $300
- 1984 Walk Behind Self-Propelled Broom Sweeper, (equipment #104), minimum bid $100
- 1998 Dodge ½ ton 2WD Pickup Truck with hard shell cover, (equipment #489), minimum bid $300
- 2011 Chevy Tahoe 2WD (bad cam shaft), (equipment #116), minimum bid $500
- 2011 Chevy Tahoe 2WD, (equipment #487), minimum bid $600
- 2003 Chevy Impala Sedan, (equipment #322), minimum bid $300
- 1975 Shaver Hydraulic Post Pounder, (equipment #143), minimum bid $400
- 1991 Blanchet Snow Blower 3-point hitch – 60” wide, 1000 RPM, (equipment #196), minimum bid $500
Three Lifeguard Towers, minimum bid $100 each
EZ Dumper Truck Box, minimum bid $100
Salt/Sand Spreader Box for single axle plow truck, minimum bid $100
Please contact DPW Clerk, Corinn VanWyck, email@example.com or call 231-843-2873
Important Bidder Information:
1) Equipment is being sold as surplus equipment in its present, as-is condition. The City of Ludington makes no warranties whatsoever, either expressed or implied, concerning the condition of the equipment, its fitness for buyer’s intended use nor does the City of Ludington warrant that any item sold will pass a City, State or Federal inspection. Equipment may have unknown mechanical defects that are subject to prospective bidder’s review during a physical inspection.
2) Prospective bidders are responsible for ascertaining the value of equipment prior to offering a bid. Equipment can be inspected during the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday at 975 First St., Ludington, MI.
3) The successful bidder will be responsible for removing all equipment from the site. Bidder is responsible for all moving arrangements.
4) Equipment may not be returned nor will the buyer be reimbursed any funds for any reason subsequent to the sale.
5) Equipment sold must be paid by certified check, cashier’s check, money order, dealer’s check or cash. No personal checks will be accepted. Checks should be made out to the City of Ludington. Payment shall be submitted to the City of Ludington at 400 S. Harrison, Ludington, Mich, 49431.
6) The City reserves the right to sell equipment to the highest overall bidder and to accept or reject all bids received; some or all equipment is subject to reserve(minimum) bid price.
General Sale Terms and Conditions:
1) Inspection: The bidder is invited, urged and cautioned to inspect the property prior to submitting a bid. Property will be available for inspection at the City of Ludington DPW 975 First Street Ludington MI . Phone number 2318451479
All sales are “as-is” and final. Property is sold as surplus property in its current “as-is” condition. The description provided in this invitation is based solely upon general observations. Items listed may need repair or be incomplete. Bidders are invited, encouraged and cautioned to carefully inspect property offered in the invitation prior to submitting a bid. Failure to inspect property shall not constitute grounds for a claim or for the withdrawal of a bid after the close of the auction.