Prior to beginning any development process in the City, applicants are encouraged to meet with City staff for a conceptual review meeting. This meeting can help promote a smooth approval process once a formal application is submitted. In order to request a conceptual review meeting, Please call (231) 845-6237, or reach out via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to make the best use, the following should be known/available:
- Existing use
- Intended development (residential, office, retail, manufacturing, and so forth)
- Preliminary sketches (hand-drawn are sufficient)
- Surrounding land uses
Any other additional information such as professional service providers, flood zone status, expected parking, and so forth are helpful but not required.
At the meeting, City staff will cover the following:
- Review the proposed use for general conformance with existing zoning
- Provide initial feedback on design (if applicable)
- Identify the correct process (site plan review, special land use, variance and so forth) and walk the applicant through what to expect
- Cover potential options for incentives through local, county or state programs
- Answer any additional questions you may have pertaining to development in Ludington.
View the Year-End Report for the Building Department.
View the online database for Ludington's City Codes.
Review code enforcement details for a variety of categories such as grass/weeds, smoke detectors, garage sales and more.
See specifications and requirements for topics/subjects such as decks, fences, demolition, etc.
The City of Ludington requires building permits for any type of construction within the city limits.
Read through the Zoning Ordinance document for zoning details.
Property Maintenance Code (PDF)