The tree that is located in the right of way has died, what do I do?

Call the Department of Public Works at 231-843-2873, and the tree will be inspected to see if it needs to be cut down or trimmed. If determined the tree needs to be cut down a yellow paint mark will be placed on the trunk of the tree, and it will be cut down in the winter when the ground is hard. The stump will be ground in early spring. The Department of Public Works and the City of Ludington Tree Advisory Committee work together to determine if your tree will be replaced later that same spring.

Please note: The City of Ludington will only cut trees in the right of way that are dead or diseased.

The City of Ludington The Tree Advisory Board meets at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall on the first Tuesday of each month.

Show All Answers

1. How do I dispose of large branches that I have trimmed from my trees?
2. The tree that is located in the right of way has died, what do I do?
3. I have large items to dispose of, where can I take them?
4. My streetlight is out, what do I do?
5. How do I have my hazardous sidewalk replaced?
6. There is a dead animal in front of my home, what can I do?
7. Is the garbage running late because of the holiday?
8. My garbage wasn’t picked up, what do I do?
9. When will my leaves be picked up?
10. Will there be a Spring curbside leaf pickup?