Ludington Recreation Department enhances the quality of life for the community by educating and encouraging participation in activities that promote healthy lifestyles, social interactions, and leadership skills. The department creates an atmosphere that encourages individuals to develop life-long involvement in recreational activities and is dedicated to meeting the changing needs of a diverse community by offering quality structured and informal recreational opportunities.
Ludington Recreational Program offerings for 2018
Youth baseball and softball leagues
Sign-up will be March - TBA
Practices start in May - TBA
Games start in June
League ends mid July
- T-Ball boys and girls grades PK & Kindergarten, 5 by September 1, 2018
- Boy's baseball
- Mites - grades 1st & 2nd
- Minors - grades 3rd & 4th
- Juniors - grades 5th & 6th
- West Shore - grades 7th & 8th (multi county league)
- Girl's softball
- Pixie - grades 1st & 2nd
- Pony - grades 3rd & 4th
- Pride - grades 5th & 6th
- Phoenix - grades 7th & 8th (multi county league)
- WOMEN MODIFIED PITCH AND SLOW PITCH PROGRAMS
- WOMEN MODIFIED PITCH SOFTBALL LEAGUES MAY - AUGUST.
- WOMEN MODIFIED PITCH SOFTBALL TOURNAMENTS JUNE - JULY(MULTI STATE TEAMS)
- SLOW PITCH COED LEAGUE AUGUST - SEPTEMBER
- SLOW PITCH TOURNAMENTS SUMMER DATES AND OCTOBER END OF THE SEASON TOURNAMENT (MULTI TEAMS)
BOYS ELEMENTARY BASKETBALL - Registration November
Boy's basketball leagues for grades 2nd & 3rd
Boy's basketball leagues for grades 4th, 5th, & 6th (Multi County League)
GIRLS BASKETBALL - Registration September
Girl's basketball league for 3rd & 4th
Girl's basketball league for 5th & 6th (Multi County League)
SIGN UP JUNE
- CLINIC/TOURNAMENT – INSTRUCTION JULY
- ONE WEEK CAMP. PROGRAM STARTS 1st or 2nd WEEK OF JULY.
TENNIS LEAGUE GRADE 6th, 7th, & 8thSIGN UP MARCH
- TRAVELING, MULTI SCHOOL. APRIL/MAY, SEASON ENDS WITH LUDINGTON TOURNAMENT
A community recreational needs assessment will be distributed in 2018 for ideas for new programs. Community input will be greatly appreciated.
Pickleball, kids cooking, art, and music are programs Recreation Department is looking to add for 2018.
Recreation Director: D'Ann Rohrer
Office Hours: 7:00 am - 12:00 noon Monday, by appointment Tuesday or Wednesday evening, and 11-1 Thursday.
Phone number for Rec office: 231.845.6237
Facebook page: Ludington Recreational Programs
Donald C. Baldwin Community Pool
- Summer and winter Rec Swim teams
- Traveling & Hosting meets
- Grades K-12
- Summer registration May and Winter registration October
- Morning Lap Swim
- Open swim and family swim
- Mom, Pop, & Tot's Swim lessons November, February, and June
- Youth Swim Lessons February and Summer (June & July)
- Adult swim lesson on request
- Water Aerobics February/March and September/October
- Special Olympics Swim Spring
- Special Interest Groups upon request
- Birthday Parties available at the pool upon request
- Lifeguarding certification
- OJ Middle School Physical Education Classes
DONALD C. BALDWIN COMMUNITY POOL SCHEDULE AND FEES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Lap Swim Monday through Friday 6:00 am - 7:30 am
Open Swim Saturday and Sunday 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Children 0 to 17 $3
Individual pool pass 6 months - $60
Family pool pass 6 months - $100
Individual pool pass one year - $100
Family pool pass one year - $150
NON PAY AND PAY PROGRAMS
NON PAY PROGRAMS
PROGRAMS THAT APPLY TO THE PARTICIPANTS THAT RESIDE IN THE CITY OF LUDINGTON, HAMLIN TOWNSHIP, PERE MARQUETTE TOWNSHIP, AND SUMMIT TOWNSHIP. PARTICIPANTS ARE CHARGED A FEE OF $10.00 FOR A T-SHIRT.
PARTICIPANTS THAT RESIDE IN OTHER TOWNSHIPS OR OUTSIDE OF THE DISTRICT ARE CHARGED A FEE OF $35.00 TO PARTICIPATE IN EACH NON PAY PROGRAM AND A FEE OF $8.00 FOR A T-SHIRT.
PAY PROGRAMSPAY PROGRAMS ARE PROGRAMS WHICH CHARGE A FEE DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF PROGRAM AND THE SPECIFIC COSTS INCURRED.
IF YOU DO NOT RESIDE IN THE CITY OF LUDINGTON, HAMLIN, SUMMIT, OR PERE MARQUETTE TOWNSHIPS, THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $35.00. THE REASON FOR THIS ADDITIONAL FEE IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE OTHER GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIES NOT LISTED ABOVE HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO CONTRIBUTE FINANCIALLY TO THE LUDINGTON RECREATION PROGRAMS.