Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
City of Ludington Announces COVID-19 Mitigation Measures
There is no intention on our part to overreact to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). However, it’s incumbent upon your local officials to plan for the potential community transmission of COVID-19 and to take the necessary precautions to protect our residents and staff, and to take the necessary actions to slow the transmission of this virus.
At the recommendation of the District #10 Health Department, Governor Whitmer’s Emergency Declaration and local public safety officials, the City of Ludington is limiting certain operations to mitigate risks of the COVID-19 virus. The following operational changes will it be in effect until April 6th, 2020, when at that time we will reassess any potential changes.
1. All City Residents are discouraged from conducting business within the Municipal Office Complex that can otherwise be conducted via U.S. Mail, phone call, or online at www.ludington.mi.us. City night drop-box will be processed continually. Elderly and at-risk populations should avoid the Municipal Office Complex.
2. Police and Fire Operations are coordinating response plans for potential COVID 19 contact with emergency response agencies and healthcare agencies from across the County.
3. The bathrooms located on North James Street within the Plaza shall be closed immediately.
4. All events scheduled to utilize any municipally owned/operated facilities shall be cancelled immediately.
4. The Ludington Downtown Development Authority (Downtown Ludington Board) has cancelled the St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl, Parade, and Scavenger Hunt. The Irish Jog 1 Mile/5k/10k races scheduled for March 14th will transition to a virtual race and more information can be found at www.downtownludington.org/runludington.
5. City Administration will be taking measures to work with employees whom may become exposed to COVID-19 or who will now be required to take care of their children. All City personnel will err on the side of caution.
These Mitigation Measures have been reviewed and endorsed by the District #10 Health Department. For any further questions regarding City operational changes please contact the office of City Manager Mitchell Foster at (231) 845-6237. Any healthcare related questions should be directed to the District #10 Health Department at (231) 845-7381.